So, what does Google look for when deciding which apps are the most beautiful? Here’s the criteria:
Attention to detail makes an app truly beautiful: transitions are fast and clear, and layout and typography are crisp and meaningful. In this collection, we highlight a few beautiful apps with masterfully crafted design details.
Without further ado, here’s the full list of apps and their descriptions:
- Timely – Timely’s smooth and playful screen transitions prove that setting alarms could be incredibly fun.
- Circa – Circa’s design boasts elegant typography and an innovative reading interface.
- Etsy – Explore wonderful hand-crafted goods with Esty’s beautiful layouts and subtle blur effects.
- airbnb – Airbnb beautifully expresses Android’s visual langage with big images and stylish UI elements.
- The Whole Pantry – Careful attention has been paid to every delicious photo in The Whole Pantry.
- Runtastic Heart Rate Pro – This innovative app beautifully visualizes your heart rate, measured with just your device camera.
- Tumblr – Tumblr makes a great first impression, letting you explore and follow blogs even before signing up.
- Umano – Listening to the news never looked so good! Intuitive and delightful on both phones and tablets.
- Yahoo! Weather – Yahoo! Weather always delights with photos and sunrise animations that look great, rain or shine.
- Grand St. – This boutique electronics catalog features gorgeous magazine-like typography and photos.
- Pinterest – Revel in the friendly and familiar design, complete with beautiful layouts and intuitive gestures.
If you want to see more about Google’s design criteria and what it looks for in Android apps,check out their rundown of the best designed Android apps from last month.